Model Legislative Language for Online Insurance Verification
Online Auto Liability Insurance Verification - Web Services Technology
The following documents represent IICMVA's research on the use of Web services on the subject of verifying evidence of Auto liability insurance. The August 2010 white paper entitled "Making the Case for Using Web Services to Verify Evidence of Auto Liability Insurance Coverage", outlines the considerations behind the Committee's support for an on-line, event-based, evidence of insurance inquiry service. The April 2012 Model User Guide Version 5.0 (first published as Version 1.0 in August 2005) serves as both a business document describing the business concept and as a technical manual for developing such a service with best practices in mind.
- Financial Responsibility White Paper V1.0
- Financial Responsibility Model User Guide V1.0 - April 20, 2012
- IICMVA Web Services Model Information Brochure - 2010
- IICMVA Web Services - The Source for Online Insurance Verfication Modeling - Executive Summary - 2010
- IICMVA White Paper - Making the Case for Using Web Services to Verify Evidence of Auto Liability Insurance - 2010
- IICMVA Model User Guide For Implementing Web Services V5.0 - April 18, 2012
- Online Verification - TIPS for a Successful Implementation
- IICMVA Data Transfer Implementation Guide - August 2011
- IICMVA Web Service WSDL - Java (00200809)
- IICMVA Web Service WSDL - .NET (00200510)
- IICMVA Web Service WSDL - Java (00200510)
- Florida DHSMV Announcement Regarding Web Service Pilot 9-26-2007
Auto Liability Insurance Reporting (ALIR)
The following documents represent IICMVA's work in the insurance reporting arena. These materials were developed from a best practices perspective so that jurisdictions considering ALIR methodologies would have the tools needed for a consistent implementation.
- Model User Guide for Implementing a Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Reporting Program - X12 (221 KB)
- December 1998: Requirements for Model Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Reporting (53.8 KB)
Safety Responsibility Filings
The following guide is a compilation of jurisdictional practices used to process financial and safety responsibility filings.
Compulsory Insurance Guidelines and Driver Records
- June 1995: Guidelines for Compulsory Automobile Insurance Enforcement
- February 1995: Compulsory Insurance Evidence and Reporting Requirements
- January 1995: Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Content and Accessibility Chart
- April 1994: Accident Reporting Analysis
- February 1994: The Public Need for Good Driver Records - A Position Paper
Insurance ID Card Bar-coding
The following document represents IICMVA's work in the area of bar-coding on insurance ID cards. IICMVA does not endorse bar-coding. However, if bar-coding is adopted, IICMVA recommends for consideration the following approach to implementing the PDF417 symbology and the security features that are available.